During our AA Car Servicings, where an AA Mobile Mechanic comes to you to service your car at a time and place of your choice, worryingly worn brake pads are one of the most common vehicle faults detected.
Dangers of worn brake pads
Defective brake components can lead to a vehicle experiencing reduced braking power, increased stopping distances, skidding and in the worst cases, failure of your vehicle’s brakes. While modern vehicle technologies has made brake failure a rarity these days, not having full brake power should be a huge cause for concern for motorists. If you detect any of the below tell tale signs while driving, it’s time to take your car to a garage to have your brakes inspected regardless of the date of your next scheduled car service.
Signs your brakes may need attention:
- There’s a slight high pitched ringing/squealing when you apply your car brakes.
- You feel an abnormal vibrating when braking your car.
- Your car brake feels softer to depress than normal.
- You notice your car’s stopping distances have increased.
- You hear a grinding sound when the car’s brakes are applied. (This may be a sign that the car’s brake discs are being damaged by worn brake pads)
- Your brake fluid warning light is flashing/is permanently lit up on your car’s dash board. This may be due to the fact that your car’s brake fluid reservoir level has dropped.
If you notice any of the above, or are simply due for your next scheduled car service, an AA Car Servicing Technician can come to you, 7 days a week, to inspect your car. To book a great value AA Car Service, or simply find out more, click here.