Travel Insurance | Travelcards for London 2012 | AA Ireland
- Spectators with a ticket for a London 2012 sporting event or ceremony will receive a one-day Games Travelcard for the day of the event (you should have received this by now).
- This entitles you to free travel within Zones 1 to 9 on the London Underground, London Overground, Docklands Light Railway, buses, trams and most National Rail services.
- A Games Travelcard is not valid on Heathrow, Stansted or Gatwick Express trains, or for taxis/private hire vehicles.
- While the Games Travelcard will be hugely beneficial on the day of the Olympic event you are attending, it is advisable to have an Oyster Card in conjunction with the Games Travelcard for general travel on days you are not attending events.
- Oyster Cards are plastic smartcards you can use instead of paper tickets. Passengers are able to put pay as you go credit on the card, which you use when you travel.
- It is the cheapest way to pay for single journeys on bus, tube, tram, DLR, London Overground and most National Rail services in London.
- Visitor Oyster Cards can be reused and never expire. There is an initial cost of £5 for Oyster Cards.
- If you run out of pay as you go credit, simply top up your credit at Tube stations, Oyster Ticket Stops and Travel Information Centres to use again.
- The main benefit of the Oyster Card is that it reduces travel costs.
- For example if traveling from West Ham Station to Paddington Station. The general fare is £4.30 however with an Oyster Card that fare is reduced to £3.
Talk to our agents to buy or renew your Travel Insurance
Call AA Travel Insurance 01 617 9988