"We/our/us" means AA Ireland Limited, 56 Drury Street, Dublin 2, Republic of Ireland. "Customer" means a customer of AA who places an order for an AA Business Services Car Inspection.
1. Our Car Inspections are prepared from visual and external checks only and are limited to the parts and/or items identified on the Car Inspection sheet. Inspections do not involve the dismantling or disturbing of any structure, assembly, component or internal mechanism.
2. Items which are listed on the Car Inspection sheet, but which are not reasonably accessible on the checked vehicle will not be inspected. In such circumstances we will be under no obligation to inspect and/or report on the part/item in question and will mark the relevant section of the report accordingly.
3. Without prejudice to clauses 1 and 2 above, please note that amongst the items we do not check are:
(a) Oil and fuel consumption.
(b) Source of oil leaks.
(c) Brake lining material. (Other than what is immediately visible and can be seen without dismantling anything.)
(d) Brake fluid for contamination. (Brake fluid will deteriorate over a period of time and we advise that it be replaced as recommended by the vehicle manufacturer.)
(e) Operation of cassette, compact disc players, MP3 players or other in car entertainment. *
(f) Sound or radio reception, alarm systems and non-standard accessories including factory or third-party satellite navigation systems or DVD, televisions or other visual entertainment devices
(g) Cylinder compression.
(h) Vehicle electrics and electronics* by the use of specific diagnostic equipment.
(i) The accuracy of in-car computer systems (for example, but in no way restricted to, computers used for route finding, fuel efficiency or otherwise).
(j) Exhaust emissions, using gas analysing equipment.
(k) Air conditioning function and efficiency * by the use of specific diagnostic equipment.
* These items will be turned on and off only and will not otherwise be checked.
4.1 Our AA Car Inspection can only describe and/or identify defects actually found and/or which are reasonably capable of being found upon external visual consideration of the vehicle at the time of inspection. We cannot be held and are not responsible for any latent defects, which are later discovered. (We cannot advise of defects if we cannot see them, or they are not apparent during inspection of the vehicle concerned.) In particular please note that (without limiting the possibility to such vehicles) vehicles over 5 years old, those that have a high mileage or which have been subjected to abnormal use may have latent defects. Whilst such defects may, in appropriate circumstances, give rise to a claim against a vehicle supplier, they fall outside the scope of our reports and our reports are provided to, and accepted by, customers on this basis.
4.2 Please note that the life expectancy of an exhaust or clutch system is uncertain and difficult to predict. Without prejudice to clause 1 and clause 4.1 above, the fact that such items have not been identified as faulty on the report does not, and should not be taken to, imply that such a system will have a continuing life expectancy from the time of our check.
4.3 Any estimates for repair/rectification given by the engineer in connection with a check reflect the subjective opinion of the engineer concerned and are given solely as a matter of goodwill. Customers should not rely on such estimates in making any decision with regard to the vehicle checked; estimates should be verified by an appropriate repairer.
5. Road testing is carried out within the immediate area of the vehicle check. If, due to circumstances outside of our reasonable control, a road test cannot be carried out at the time of inspection the original fee shall remain fully payable and an additional fee will be payable for any subsequent road test we are asked to undertake.
6. It is the customer's responsibility to, and the customer must ensure that proper provision is made (including the obtaining of any necessary permission) for our check to be carried out on garage premises and the use of appropriate vehicle raising equipment.
7.1 All fees and charges must be paid by credit card at the time of booking or by cash /cheque before the inspection date. In the event of cancellation by the customer we reserve the right to charge a cancellation fee of 50 Euro (incl VAT).
7.2 We also reserve the right to charge an abortive fee of 100 Euro (incl VAT) if, due to circumstances outside of our reasonable control, we are unable to carry out the Car Inspection on arrival at the location (including, but not limited to, where this results from the customer's failure to make the arrangements referred to in clause 6 above).
7.3 We reserve the right to refuse to inspect or report on any vehicle which appears to our engineer not to be of standard production (for example, but not limited to, kit cars), which has been modified or which has not been in regular use. In such circumstances we shall be entitled to refuse to carry out the Car Inspection and to charge the fee specified in clause 7.2 above.
7.4 All fees and charges shall, if applicable and at our discretion, be payable by deduction from any advance AA Car Inspection fee paid by the customer or otherwise shall be payable by the customer immediately upon receipt of our request for the same.
8. In the event of dissatisfaction, please contact our advisory service on 01 6179370. We should be given the opportunity to re-inspect the vehicle and may need to do so to deal with the complaint.
9. We shall not be liable for any delay in performing, or any failure to carry out a AA Technical Services Car Inspection to the extent that such delay or failure results from events or circumstances outside our reasonable control.
10. We shall not, in any event, have any liability or responsibility for any indirect, purely economic consequential losses incurred as a result of or in connection with any AA Technical Services Car Inspection (including any non-occurrence thereof), whether resulting from breach of contract, negligence, breach of statutory duty or otherwise.
11. AA Car Inspections are supplied solely for the use of the customer and are not for the use of, or to be relied upon by, any third party and the customer shall be responsible for advising any such third party accordingly.
12. For the avoidance of doubt, under no circumstances will AA be liable to any third party in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise for any loss (direct, indirect or consequential) which any third party may incur under as a result of any information supplied by the AA report (save for any liability for death or personal injury caused directly by the negligence of the AA).
13. Nothing herein will affect the statutory rights of a consumer under any applicable statute.
14. If any part of these terms and conditions are held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be unenforceable the validity of the remainder of the terms and conditions will not be affected.
15 The laws of The Republic of Ireland govern these terms and conditions