Winter boiler maintenance tips
The last thing you want to happen in the depths of winter is to be left without heat and hot water. So our advice is to keep on top of your boiler maintenance and servicing to ensure that you get the best possible efficiency and that your boiler won’t pack in on you when you most need it.
- Have your boiler serviced regularly as per the manufacturer’s guidelines making sure to use a reputable company. With our Home Emergency Response, Boiler Cover & Repair option our tradesmen will carry out an annual boiler service plus any repairs throughout the cover period to include parts and labour up to €2000 per claim up to a maximum of 4 claims per year.
- Have a carbon monoxide detector fitted to warn you if there's a leak.
- Clean out sludge and hard water scale from your boiler system
- Regularly check the level of oil in your tank. If it completely runs out you may need
- the lines will need to be bled through as a result.
- Ensure that tanks are filled at the end of the summer to avoid running out at peak time
- Never cover your gas boiler or block its air vents. It’s also important to ensure the outside flues aren't blocked.