Winter boiler maintenance tips
The last thing you want to happen in the depths of winter is to be left without heat and hot water. So our advice is to keep on top of your boiler maintenance and servicing to ensure that you get the best possible efficiency and that your boiler won’t pack in on you when you most need it.
- Have a carbon monoxide detector fitted to warn you if there's a leak.
- Clean out sludge and hard water scale from your boiler system
- Regularly check the level of oil in your tank. If it completely runs out, the lines will need to be bled through as a result.
- Ensure that tanks are filled at the end of the summer to avoid running out at peak time
- Never cover your gas boiler or block its air vents. It’s also important to ensure the outside flues aren't blocked.