Can I drive abroad with my AA Car Insurance?

Please notify us before availing of policy cover abroad to ensure the correct level of cover applies. 

AA Car Insurance provides the same cover as you currently have in any EU country for up to 60 days in a year. So as a comprehensive AA Motor policyholder, you have comprehensive cover when you drive within the EU.

Third Party Fire and Theft cover applies AA Motor policyholders with Third Party Fire and Theft coverage on the policy.

Depending on your insurer, and for an additional premium, you may be able to extend the 60-day period.

Your car insurance does not extend to hire cars abroad.