- Heavenstown, Wexford – A glorious place to live.
- Bastardstown, Wexford – A not so glorious place to live.
- Horetown, Wexford – Only a 30 minute drive to Bastardstown, coincidentally
- Fannystown, Wexford – Wexford really does like its quirky names.
- Muckanaghederdauhaulia, Galway – They should have thrown more letters at it.
- Muff, Donegal – Always worthy of a mention. For a little something extra, Grainne’s Gap is located not too far away.
- Crazy Corner, Westmeath – A zany place to live.
- Hospital, Limerick – Could get confusing if you’re getting a taxi in the wee hours of the night. “I want to go to hospital, please.”
- Muff Crescent, Nobber, Meath – Surely someone knew what they were doing when this was proposed.
- Cum, Lahardane, Mayo - No comment.
The 10 funniest place names in Ireland
When listening to traffic and travel reports on the radio, or reading them online, you often hear/see some strange place names. Ireland is full of intriguingly named areas which are sure to raise a smile. We recently asked our social media followers for their suggestions for some of the quirkier townlands around the country and there was a great response. Here are some of the places that were suggested.