Love in Lockdown menu by Executive Head Chef at Aghadoe Heights Hotel and Spa – Jakub Jurusik
Pan-fried Seabass on Fresh Dingle Bay Prawn Risotto
- 4 x 80g Sea bass fillets
- 50g (6 fresh local prawns )
- 50g unsalted butter
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 150g Arborio risotto rice
- 400ml chicken/vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp. freshly chopped chives
- 50g parmesan cheese, grated
- 75g mascarpone cheese Olive oil
1) Before you start cooking, get everything prepared. Trim each sea bass fillet so they are both the same shape, then score the skin, cutting into the flesh slightly, 5 or 6 times at about 1cm intervals. Set aside.
2) Melt the butter in a thick bottomed saucepan. Add the onion and garlic and cook for two minutes. Add the rice, stirring well so that the grains are coated with butter, and cook until translucent. Add the stock a little at a time, stirring occasionally, and cook for about 15 minutes or until the stock has been absorbed. Stir in the parmesan and mascarpone cheese and set aside.
3) Chop the prawns and roast for 4 minutes with a little olive oil. Lightly grill the sea bass with a dash of olive oil under a hot grill for 4-5 minutes.
4) Reheat the risotto and add the prawns. Place the risotto on a plate and arrange the sea bass on top, drizzle with the pesto.
- 85g pine nut, toasted
- 85 g parmesan (or vegetarian alternative), coarsely grated, plus extra to serve
- 3 garlic cloves
- 75ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 85 g kale
- 75 ml olive oil
Put the pine nuts, Parmesan, garlic, oils, kale and lemon juice in a food processor and whizz to a paste. Season to taste. Stir through hot pasta to serve, topping with extra Parmesan and olive oil, if you like.
To store, put in a container or jar, cover the surface with a little more olive oil and keep in the fridge for a week, or freeze for up to a month.
- 1 egg
- 160g cream
- 70g milk
- 150g good 70-80% dark chocolate
1) For the delice, heat the milk and cream in a saucepan and heat gently over a medium heat until it just reaches boiling point.
2) Meanwhile, whisk the eggs in a bowl.
3) As the milk and cream mixture comes to the boil, pour it over the eggs, then whisk the mixture constantly until smooth and thick.
4) Stir in the chopped chocolate and whisk again until the chocolate has melted and the custard is smooth.
5) Remove the base from the fridge and pour in the chocolate delice to fill the mould. Gently tap the sides of the mould to release any trapped air bubbles, then smooth the surface using a palette knife. Chill in the fridge for 6-12 hours, or until completely set.
Candied Orange Ingredients:
- 3 organic oranges1/2 cup granulated sugar
1)Using a vegetable peeler, remove the zest of the oranges in wide strips 1 to 2 inches long, avoiding the white pith. Slice lengthwise into strips about 1/8 inch wide.
2) Bring a 2-quart saucepan of water to a boil, add the zest, and boil for 5 minutes. Drain and repeat.
3) In the saucepan, bring the sugar and 1/4 cup water to a simmer over medium heat, stirring, until the sugar dissolves, about 2 minutes. Stir in the blanched zest, cover, and cook until the syrup thickens and coats the zest, about 3 minutes.
4) Transfer the zest with the syrup to a small heatproof bowl or jar and cool to room temperature. Cover and refrigerate. Blot on paper towels before using.
Make Ahead Tips
Candied zest will last for at least 3 months in the fridge.
Forbidden Fizz Valentine Cocktail
Created by – Food and Beverage Manager at the Aghadoe Heights Hotel & Spa Vincenzo Del Santo
- ½ oz Peach Schnapps
- ½ oz Strawberry Liquor
- ¼ oz Passionfruit Juice
- ¼ oz Lime Juice
- 5 oz Champagne
Make a rim with grenadine and sugar. Now pour all the ingredients into champagne glass. Mix it and stir it with cocktail spoon. Add champagne gently to top up the glass. Garnish with cherry and serve.
Preferred Glass for serving
But of course a Champagne Glass. Always drink responsibly. Visit drinkaware.ie.
Aghadoe Heights Hotel is a 5 Star property as accredited by AA Hospitality Services and also home to the 2 AA Rosette "The Lake Room" restaurant