Whether you’re travelling abroad for a wedding, a ski trip, or anything in between it’s important to ensure your travel insurance meets your specific requirements. When purchasing Annual or Single-trip Travel Insurance with the AA you’ll be able to tailor your cover by choosing from several available add-ons to ensure your cover meets your needs. Check out our guide below to make sure you choose the right level of cover for your trip abroad.
- Car Hire excess waiver charges can be expensive at the car hire desk on top of your car hire costs, not to mention the excess. Adding Car Hire Excess Insurance to your policy means that these unforeseen costs are covered as AA Car Hire Excess covers the amount you are responsible for paying towards repair costs if your rental car suffers any damage following an incident or accident as well as cover for personal possessions, misfuel and key cover.
- Winter Sports Cover includes cover for the cost of transport to another resort if the one you are staying in is closed (for every 24 hour period) due to a lack of snow which means you can continue to enjoy your holiday and are not out of pocket. In any event winter sports cover is limited to 17 days in total in each period of insurance.
- Cruise Cover includes cover if you fail to arrive at the international departure point in time to board your pre-booked connection as a result of the failure of other scheduled public transport. Should this happen, AA Travel Insurance will pay up to €1,000 for Extra and €750 for Essential cover, per trip, for reasonable meals, refreshments, additional accommodation (room only) and travel expenses necessarily incurred in reaching your overseas destination or connecting flights.
- Business Cover will cover business equipment like laptops, smartphones or other valuable equipment. It also covers the cost of business equipment you may need to hire and money you may need to bring for business. This means that in the event of an incident such as temporary loss or damage to your laptop your important meeting or business can still move forward and your trip is not wasted.
- Golf Cover includes cover if your own golf equipment is lost temporally (for a period of more than 24 hours) or damaged on your outward journey. If your golf equipment is lost or damaged the costs of hiring golf equipment to ensure you can continue to fully enjoy your golfing holiday will also be covered.
- Travel Disruption Cover covers events such as fire, flood, earthquake, explosion, tsunami, landslide, avalanche, hurricane, storm, tornado, volcanic activity or medical epidemic/outbreak. This benefit could help you claim compensation for things like delays, unused travel, missed departures and accommodation resulting from any of the above scenarios. For example, if you were forced to stay in a resort or country because of a medical epidemic this additional option would cover any unrecoverable accommodation costs
- Wedding Cover: Imagine the photographer’s photos of your day are stolen or damaged while you are on your honeymoon, this upgrade will cover you for the additional cost for re-taking them at a venue on your return home. Which means you can recreate those happy memories and have some beautiful pictures to hang.
With AA Travel Insurance you’ll also have the option to add an Excess waiver to your policy. This means that for a small additional premium, there will be no excess deducted from your payout in the event that you make a claim.
In the market for affordable Travel Insurance? AA Travel Insurance is available online from just €24.99