If a ‘no-deal’ Brexit were to take place then motor insurance customers would require a Green Card to drive in Northern Ireland and Britain.
However, Green Cards are not currently required.
- The deadline for Brexit is now 31st October 2019, so if a Green Card is required, this is the current date for it.
- It is hoped that an agreement will be made before that date and that Green Cards will not be necessary at all.
- If Green Cards are required, the AA will automatically begin issuing them to customers based in Cavan, Donegal, Monaghan, Leitrim, Sligo, Louth and Meath, 5 working days before Brexit.
- If you are an AA Car or Van Insurance Customers and are planning to travel to Northern Ireland or Britain and would like to request a Green Card, please click ‘Request A Green Card’ below.
- For more information please click ‘AA Brexit FAQ’ below.