Direct Debit Terms and Conditions
This section only applies to customer who wish to pay by monthly direct debits. AA Insurance direct debit payment option is only available to policy holders 18 years or over. AA Insurance reserves the right to refuse direct debit as a form of payment.
- You understand that the direct debit form of repayment is subject to a service charge. For new business policies the service charge is 10.72% and is paid by a deposit at inception followed by 11 monthly instalments payable by means of direct debit from your bank. For renewals policies the service charge is 9.74%, paid over 12 monthly instalments.
- You are signing up to a reoccurring direct debit payment, also known as a rollover direct debit payment. What this means is that unless we advise you otherwise, or you contact us to cancel your direct debit payment plan it will reoccur in future years and your insurance policy will automatically renew. Provided your SEPA Direct Debit Mandate is not cancelled by you or AA Insurance there will be no need to complete a new application each year.
- The Direct Debit Mandate can be completed electronically (e.g. online or via recorded phone call to our call centre) or returned in physical copy. Where you have chosen to send back a physical copy of the SEPA Direct Debit Mandate and you do not return your fully completed SEPA Direct Debit Mandate to us within 21 days from when you paid your deposit, you authorise us, as your agent, to instruct the insurer to terminate your insurance cover. In that event, your insurer shall advise you of termination of cover.
- Direct debit payments will commence approximately 1 month from the policy start date. At each subsequent automatic renewal of your policy, direct debit payments will commence on the renewal date of the policy. Before we automatically renew your insurance policy and rollover your direct debit payments, we will advise you of the amount of each direct debit, and the date your bank account will be debited. It is your responsibility to ensure that your payment has reached us. If we do not receive your renewal payment on or before your renewal date, your insurance policy will not renew, and no cover will be in force.
- In the event of any monthly direct debit being returned unpaid, we will represent that direct debit and notify you of the approximate collection date, An unpaid direct debit charge of up to €30 may apply and, where so, will be applied to your following direct debit.
- If we don not receive payment after representing for any outstanding monthly direct debit, this will result in the cancellation of your remaining direct debits, with the outstanding balance becoming payable on demand.
- In the event of the whole outstanding balance becoming payable and not being received by AA Insurance within 7 days of demand, you irrevocably authorise us, as your agent, to instruct your insurer to terminate your insurance cover. In that event, your insurer shall advise you of termination of cover. AA Insurance may withhold your No Claims Bonus until your outstanding balance has been paid.
- We reserve the right to revoke your direct debit instalment plan at any time. In this event, we will notify you and the whole outstanding balance will become due. Non-receipt of the outstanding balance within 7 days of it becoming due will irrevocably authorise us, as your agent, to instruct your insurer to terminate your insurance policy. If you do not pay your outstanding balance, the period of time on cover and any additional fees, following the cancellation of your policy, we will forward your debt to our debt collection agency. AA Insurance may withhold your No Claims Bonus until this outstanding balance has been paid.
- You consent to AA Insurance contacting you in writing or by phone if no response is received to our communications regarding any direct debit defaults on your policy.
- A) If you make a mid-term adjustment to your policy and that change results in a rebate becoming due to you, this will be used to reduce any remaining balance outstanding against your policy. If the rebate exceeds the amount outstanding against your policy, AA Insurance will process this transaction separately in the form of a refund.
B) If you make a mid-term adjustment to your policy and that change results in an increased premium, the increased premium will either be added to your direct debit payments, which will increase the direct debit payment amount, or you may settle this by way of a separate payment.
- You can cancel your direct debit mandate at any time by notifying your Bank and AA Insurance. Any outstanding monies will immediately become payable.
- You have the right to withdraw from our direct debit plan without penalty if written notice to this effect is forwarded to AA Insurance within 14 calendar days from the inception/renewal date of your policy. To ensure continued cover, the balance must be paid immediately and in full.
- You have the right to repay the balance of your policy in full at any time with no penalty.
- In the event of suspension of your cover or a claim, you must continue paying the direct debit throughout the period of insurance.
- In the unfortunate event of your death, any outstanding balance is immediately cancelled and neither your dependants nor your estate will be responsible for paying further direct debits.
- Without prejudicing your general rights of cancellation of the direct debit mandate, if the insurance we cover is cancelled during the currency of the contract of insurance, any outstanding monies owed will become immediately payable and must be paid separately.
- You have instructed us, as your agent, to arrange a contract of car insurance between you and your insurer.