With that in mind, the AA Roadwatch team has compiled a list of the most vaguely Christmassy place names around Ireland for your enjoyment. Chuckle along very, very, very gently as you eat a mince pie and tip your eggnog down the sink.
1. Ding Dong KERRY-ily On High
2. Ru-DOLPHIN’S BARN
3. Fairytale of NEW ROSS
4. CORK! The Herald Angels Sing!
5. Away in a SLANE-ger
6. Away in a BRAY-nger
7. Jingle KELLS
8. DINGLE Bells
9. Deck the BALLSBRIDGE with Boughs of Holly
10. MOUNTJOY To The World!
11. The HOLYWOOD and the IVEAGH GARDENS
12. Little DRUMOD Boy
14. CAMPILE of roast potatoes and Brussels sprouts
15. MULLAGH-ed wine
16. Have yourself a DERRY little Christmas
Thanks to Elaine O’Sullivan, Ruth Jephson, Gemma Ryan, Cathy Flynn, Michelle Connor and Chris Jones for their help with these complete stinkers.